Article delegate-en/985 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Changing user instead of server, again
22 Jan 2001 05:57:01 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

On 01/19/01(19:25) you Christian Couder <pyebqbdyi-bmw35hpvbtfr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A980@delegate-en.ML_>

 |'USER toto' is rewritten as 'pop://localhost/toto@titi.com'

 |'USER toto@titi..' is rewritten as 'pop://titi.com/toto'

 |and that's a problem because I would like

 |'USER toto@titi..' rewritten as 'pop://localhost/toto@titi..'

Then add one more MOUNT like this:

  MOUNT="//* pop://localhost/*[%1@%0]"

The input from client like "USER foo@bar" will be rewritten into
canonical form "//bar/foo" then MOUNTED to "pop://localhost/foo@bar"
by the above MOUNT parameter.

 |>The reason why a user name with "@host" is not rewriten by MOUNT="* ..."
 |>is that such user name is rewriten to a canonical form like "//host/user"
 |>before applied MOUNT, and MOUNT="//* = default" (which means don't rewrite
 |>user if server host name is specified by a client) is defined by default
 |>for a DeleGate with SERVER=pop.
 |
 |Yes, that's my problem now.
 |Would it be possible to not have a user name with "@host" rewritten to a canonical form like "//host/user" before MOUNT is applied ?

No, at least in the current specification.

 |The patch I sent was working for me because I used
 |SERVER=pop://localhost
 |and no MOUNT, so the user name with "@host" was not rewritten to "//host/user".
 |But it seems that MOUNT are not applied if the host is specified in the SERVER parameter...

Since I intend to control any rewriting by the generic "mount"
mechanism, any exceptional jumper is not desired.

 |'USER toto_stuff'           ---> 'pop://localhost/toto@titi.com'
 |'USER toto_stuff@titi..'  ---> 'pop://localhost/toto@titi.com'

 |the 'stuff' part can change so I have to match the '_' character.

A pair of MOUNT parameters:

  MOUNT="toto_*            pop://localhost/toto@titi.com"
  MOUNT="//titi.com/toto_* pop://localhost/toto@titi.com"

will do.

Any problems should be solved by extending or generalizing the
"mount", and generalizing matching and rewriting of MOUNT has
been one of what must be done in future since the beginning of
DeleGate.  I realized a part of it in the last weekend and it
will be available in the next release.

Yutaka Sato <ysato@delegate.org> http://www.delegate.org/~ysato/   @ @
Computer Science Division, Electrotechnical Laboratory            ( - )
1-1-4 Umezono, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305-8568 Japan                  _<   >_