Article delegate-en/984 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Starting DeleGate as service doesn't work
20 Jan 2001 00:59:02 GMT Peter Steele <p2ybqbdyi-omp2wg6usalr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

If I start a delegate daemon using the command line

	dg -v -P992 FCL=sslway SERVER=telnet://<host-ip-address>:23
ADMIN=localhost DGROOT=c:\winnt

subsequent SSL connections to 992 work as expected. However, if I instead
start the daemon using

	dg -P992 FCL=sslway SERVER=telnet://<host-ip-address>:23
ADMIN=localhost DGROOT=c:\winnt

which installs the appropriate NT service information in the registry then
starts the service, connections to 992 do not appear to work. The remote
telnet client makes a connection but afterwards it just sits there and no
dialog with the telnet server occurs. Is there something more that needs to
be done to run delegate as an NT service?

Peter Steele
ONI Systems