Article delegate-en/977 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Can delegate support FTP FXP Mode?
18 Jan 2001 20:05:20 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

On 01/18/01(17:51) I wrote in <_A970@delegate-en.ML_>
 |>   Can delegate support Site to Site(fxp) mode in FTP proxy? How to fullfill it? Thanks :)
 |
 |As far as I know, FXP has nothing to do with proxy server.
 |It is realized by a FTP client which connects to two FTP servers
 |simultaneously, establish a data connection between them (using
 |PASV for a server then use it in PORT for another), and do
 |transfer on it (by RETR,STOR, or so), using the standard FTP
 |protocol only.
 |Thus if a client support FTP proxy, then FXP will be supported
 |automatically.

Sorry, maybe this was my misunderstanding ;-)
DeleGate as a FTP proxy convert both ports for PASV of server and
PORT of client to the port of DeleGate, to make relay the data
connection between server and client.
To support FXP, this feature must be disabled.  It is easy to do
so, but it seems difficult for a single FTP-DeleGate to work both
for normal FTP and FXP...
Anyway, I will introduce an option to disable data connection relay
with something like FTPCONF=nodatarelay, which can be useful for
normal-FTP also, in the next release (7.0.1).

Yutaka Sato <ysato@delegate.org> http://www.delegate.org/~ysato/   @ @
Computer Science Division, Electrotechnical Laboratory            ( - )
1-1-4 Umezono, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305-8568 Japan                  _<   >_