Article delegate-en/976 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
[Reference:<008101c0815f$7a6353e0$0102a8c0@ntsoft>]
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: DeleGate+SSLWay as a Win2000 service
18 Jan 2001 15:43:20 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato 佐藤豊)

Hi,

On 01/19/01(00:01:03) you wrote:
 |When I start DeleGate+SSL in debug mode:
 |
 |set SSL_SERVER_KEY_PASSWD=PasswdHere
 |dg_6_1_22.exe -v -P9200 FCL=sslway SERVER=tcprelay://localhost:7200
 |all works OK.
 |When I'm trying to start it as Win2000 service and run the previous command
 |without "-v", it starts, but does not work, writing in log that
 |SSL_SERVER_KEY_PASSWD is undefined. How can I to workaround this problem? Is
 |it possible to specify key password in command line parameters rather than
 |in environment?

This problem migiht have to be fixed by adding the environment variable
to the list of variables to be inherited to DeleGaet as a service ...
(at least the error message should be modified)
but the recommended way is writing the pass-phrase into a file,
named as "CertKey.pas" for certificate/key file with name "CertKey.pem"

[CHANGES]
>6.1.18 000905 sslway.c: read pass-phrase in "server-key.pas" for server-key.pem

#This message is directed to DeleGate-En

Yutaka Sato <ysato@delegate.org> http://www.delegate.org/~ysato/   @ @
Computer Science Division, Electrotechnical Laboratory            ( - )
1-1-4 Umezono, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305-8568 Japan                  _<   >_