Article delegate-en/971 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Changin user in the POP and IMAP proxy
18 Jan 2001 09:37:43 GMT Christian Couder <pyebqbdyi-bmw35hizbtfr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

You wrote:

> |>I am using SunOS 5.8 and DeleGate 6.1.22.
> |
> |This will be done in these versions with parameters like this:
> |
> |  SERVER=pop MOUNT="[^@]* pop://YourPopServer/*[%0@titi..]"
> |
> |Yes, I must correct or write something about this in "Manual.htm"...
>
> I noticed that above "[^@]" is not necessary, that is just like
>
>  SERVER=pop MOUNT="* pop://YourPopServer/*[%0@titi..]"
>
> will work too.

Will something like
SERVER=imap MOUNT="* imap://MyImapServer/*[%0@titi..]"
will work too ?

I will test it anyway and tell you if it doesn't.

> |>Though if you send
> |>USER toto@titi..
> |>to DeleGate, then Delegate will not modify the user, because my
> |>patch modify the user only if there is no '@' in it.
> |
> |The pattern "[^@]*" means the MOUNT will be applied only if a
> |candidate string, POP user name in this case, does not contain
> |"@" character.
>
> The reason why a user name with "@host" is not rewriten by MOUNT="* ..."
> is that such user name is rewriten to a canonical form like "//host/user"
> before applied MOUNT, and MOUNT="//* = default" (which means don't rewrite
> user if server host name is specified by a client) is defined by default
> for a DeleGate with SERVER=pop.
>
>[Manual.htm]
>Example: POP MOUNT
>   "pop://user@server" is represented as "pop://server/user" internally
>   thus it can be controlled by MOUNT as follows:
>
>   MOUNT="//* =" ... don't rewrite if a server is specified by the user
>   MOUNT="* pop://defaultHost/*" ... specify default POP server
>   MOUNT="user1 pop://host1/*" ... let the "host1" be the server of "user1"
>   MOUNT="//pop2/* pop://host2/*" ... hide real hostname "host2"

Thanks very much for your help and your great work.

(Domo aligato gosaimasu, anatano hataraku kotoga taihen ii desu. Sumimasen kanjiga wakarimasen.)

Christian.