Article delegate-en/970 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Can delegate support FTP FXP Mode?
18 Jan 2001 08:51:06 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

>   Can delegate support Site to Site(fxp) mode in FTP proxy? How to fullfill it? Thanks :)

As far as I know, FXP has nothing to do with proxy server.
It is realized by a FTP client which connects to two FTP servers
simultaneously, establish a data connection between them (using
PASV for a server then use it in PORT for another), and do
transfer on it (by RETR,STOR, or so), using the standard FTP
protocol only.
Thus if a client support FTP proxy, then FXP will be supported
automatically.

Yutaka Sato <ysato@delegate.org> http://www.delegate.org/~ysato/   @ @
Computer Science Division, Electrotechnical Laboratory            ( - )
1-1-4 Umezono, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305-8568 Japan                  _<   >_