Article delegate-en/927 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: BASEURL adds extra / into URL ?
21 Nov 2000 09:47:10 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

Hi Jari,

On 11/21/00(18:16) you "Jari Ahonen" <ptmbqbdyi-ecr676qmso5r.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A926@delegate-en.ML_>
 |Resending now that the mail gateway is fixed...
 |Thanks for the BASEURL fix... And I found what was causing the
 |IP to be sent in the redirects.
 |
 |As for the rationale behind using BASEURL, I did some
 |over-simplification in the diagram I sent with the first mail
 |because the rest of the stuff was not really relevant. See below
 |for further explanation. Maybe someone will find this useful.

Thank you for your detailed explanation of your situtation which
is the typical case for which BASEURL is to be used.

 |And inside delegatehost the request travels this route:
 |Firewall - ApacheSSL - delegate - Firewall
 |
 |Firewall does access control, ApacheSSL is a nice high-performance
 |encryption frontend, delegate does URL rewriting. I tried sslway
 |as frontend first but Apache performance is much better. Probably
 |because sslway needs to be exec'ed for every request while Apache
 |keeps things running all the time.

I agree.  Performance asks a software to be specialized thus is
difficult to coexist with general mechanism of DeleGate.

 |But in this case the easiest thing for me was to do
 |BASEURL="https://hostname-of-delegatehost-outside-firewall"
 |This worked fine except for the extra slash.

I hope the patch in my previous message will fix the problem.
The patch has been applied to the beta version at
ftp://ftp.delegate.org/pub/DeleGate/beta/delegate6.1.21beta2.tar.gz
which will be released as a stable version with minor refinements.