Article delegate-en/917 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Linux as socks client ?
03 Nov 2000 07:34:29 GMT "The_Walrus" <prqbqbdyi-ecr676v4so5r.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Hi

I posted an earlier question regarding ICQ, which no answer was given for,
so I decided to extend the question into a more general one.
How do I set up Linux as a SOCKS client ?
I'm running DeleGate on a windows machine and want Linux to be able to use
the SOCKS server, but it does not respond to it...how do I socksify
applications in Linux ? Is it neccesarry to run a program like Dante Socks
or NEC socks ? and if yes, how do I set them up ?

Thanks in advance

Dirk

http://www.MyOwnEmail.com