Article delegate-en/913 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Bind a specific outgoing interface on a multihomed host
01 Nov 2000 08:24:11 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

On 10/31/00(20:48) you "Matej Mihelic" <pwubabdyi-t75q7lwn4njr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A912@delegate-en.ML_>
 |How can I bind a specific outgoing interface on a multihomed host for all
 |outgoing requests from Delegated?
 |
 |I'd like to run Delegated as a HTTP and SOCKSv5 proxy on a multihomed
 |Windows2000 system. The system has one internal (intranet) network interface
 |and two external (internet) NICs. I need to send all outgoing requests
 |through 2nd external interface. It is easy to specify a specific inbound
 |interface (-P<interface>:<port>), but I cannot find any settings for the
 |outbound connections.

Here is a tentative undocumented way to do so, setting a environment
variable SRCIF to the name or address of a NIC like

 % setenv SRCIF 192.50.77.225
 % delegated ...

I thought this problem several times in past including
<URL:http://www.delegate.org/mail-lists/archive/delegate/09036>
but have no definitive solution yet.