Article delegate-en/848 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] ftp-, telnet-proxy filtering problem
26 Jun 2000 10:54:57 GMT "Juri Hoerner" <pkabqbdyi-t7hpjiiarwxr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Hi,

Following configuration:

P=8021 SERVER=ftp FTOCL=-tee

P=8023 SERVER=telnet FTOCL=-tee

For the ftp proxy there is no effect, it means that I can't see any messages on the console, and ftp proxy work as usual. For the telnet I see the dialog on the console up to the message "Hostname", and immediately "COULD NOT OPEN hostname". After that IP of client become blocked ($admpath/shutout/ip). If I try to use my selfprogrammed simplest tee analog which read STDIN and write in STDOUT and STDERR, and which works perfect with http-proxy, I have the same problems.

Q: How can I use filter programs with telnet and ftp proxy. Is it my logic error, or its definitely impossible?

With very best regards,

Juri Hoerner