Article delegate-en/726 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: POP proxy and Outlook problem
09 Mar 2000 07:59:41 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

On 03/09/00(10:03) you "Horia Georgescu" <pbyaabdyi-auoevhg2zonr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A725@delegate-en.ML_>
 |This setup works fine most of the time for those connecting either from
 |inside (LAN) or from outside (Internet). Some users cannot however use it.
 |All of them are using this with Outlook (full version or express) which
 |allows POP/SSL connections.
 |When it doesn't work the log looks as in the excerpt attached. the client
 |sends the password, and there is after a while the connection is timing out.
 |And the session is closed.
 |No idea what's happening. The user is telling me that while on the LAN is
 |able to connect, but when coming through the internet, this is what happens.

Also I can't figure out what happened without seeing what the target
POP server said.

 |16:45:32.57 [28984] 2+0: POP C-S: PASS ******^M
 |## SSLway[28985](ipa141.miami15.fl.pub-ip.psi.net) done

In normal situation, here should be a record of opening message from
the server prefixed with "POP S-C ..."
Conversation between server and DeleGate can be peeped and recorded
using a builtin-filter "-tee" like follows (with DeleGate/6.X):

  ... -vd FTOSV=-tee-n-L FFROMSV=-tee-n-L

Studying the conversation and seeing the difference will give us
useful hints.