Article delegate-en/688 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: not able to pass ftp requests throug
02 Feb 2000 14:58:24 GMT Horia Georgescu <pbyaabdyi-gztnjk6yfbnr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Just had the idea to switch the web browser from ie5 to netscape. I was
able to reach one of the unreachable before ftp sites.
I looks like it has something to do with the browser. If any more
problems I'll post another message.
Thanks and regards,
Horia

 -----Original Message-----
From: Horia Georgescu
Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2000 9:26 AM
To: 'delegate-en@smtpgate.etl.go.jp'
Subject: not able to pass ftp requests through http proxy

Hi,
my last questions were left without any echo, still I'm trying a new one:

This is the startup script i'm using for running a http proxy:
/usr/local/etc/delegated5.9.13 -vd -P199.199.199.199:8088 \
SERVER=http://-/-/ \
PERMIT="*:*:*" \
RELIABLE="*" \
REMITTABLE="http,https,gopher,ftp,wais" \
LOGDIR="/logs/delegate" \
ADMIN=nsa@oasis-technology..
~

from what I recall seing in some previous version a web browser
attempting to open ftp://ftp.somesite.com was able to pass through
delegate. Testing again this feature I'm getting request timeout and in
delegated log there is no evidence of what is happening even if running
with debug on.

Any hint, please?

Thanks,