Article delegate-en/598 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: FTP and SMTP proxy
05 Oct 1999 12:32:10 GMT "G. Kelana Sudibyo" <pjqbabdyi-qjyh54ocbnxr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Hi Yutaka-san,

> Could you tell me how the buffering make transfer speed slower ?
I use CuteFTP and I see the transfer speed from log window....
> Is it common situation regardless of to which FTP server you access ?
No...it is same with the other ftp servers....
The ftp server is only for web administrators to put their web files and
sometimes pdf files (acrobat files)....
> On what kind of platform do your DeleGate run ?
the platform is FreeBSD 3.x
> Is the host machine of your DeleGate heavy loaded ?
I use for squid-proxy server but I try the FTP-delegated server at night
that there is no one using the squid-proxy....
> And at what speed of physical line is your DeleGate connected with servers
and clients ?
from delegated server to the destination ftp server using UTP cable cat.5
and from delegated server to clients using fiber optic and UTP cable

What is the meaning "NICE-1 96K/2/52.12s 49152/p 1886/s buf=36864(36864)"
that I read from logfile?...

Thanks ....

G. Kelana Sudibyo (pjqbabdyi-qjyh54ocbnxr.ml@ml.delegate.org)