Article delegate-en/592 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: SMTP Proxy
27 Sep 1999 15:43:49 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

On 09/24/99(22:49) you pjubabdyi-hugik5wxk5xr.ml@ml.delegate.org wrote
in <_A589@delegate-en.ML_>
 |   I'm using delegate to connect two SMTP machines in different networks,
 |and it's working well. But sometimes I get some messages with Content-type
 |charset=ISO-2022-JP, looking at the logs I saw that the message was
 |originally sent with charset=iso-8859-1 (which is the correct in my case).
 |I'd like to know if delegate does change this parameter and how can I
 |maintain the correct content-type.

Maybe the following parameter will suppress such undesirable conversion
or buffering of MIME messages relayed on SMTP,NNTP and POP:

  MIMECONV=thru

Possibly this might be the default in DeleGate/6.0...