Article delegate-en/582 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: NNTP header retreival problem
13 Sep 1999 18:08:51 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

On 09/10/99(23:32) you Dennis Cartier <p7yaabdyi-p5lznxjt2jxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A580@delegate-en.ML_>
 |I have a situation where I am trying to get Delegate to proxy for a
 |remote news server on the other side of a ISDN 128K link. The problem is
 |when any local client tries to retreive the headers for a given group
 |Delegate seems to retreive the whole message. This is a probelm for
 |binary groups as downloading every message in the whole group takes way
 |too long. Setting Delegate to "cache=no" does not seem to help. It still
 |retreives the whole message, it just does not keep a copy locally, so it
 |has to retreive it again when the client tries to view it. Is this a
 |problem with the xover implementation in Delegate? Is there any way to
 |deal with this? The version I am using is 5.9.1 on FreeBSD.

Use 5.9.2 or later with "cache=no-overview" like follows:

  SERVER=nntp MOUNT="* nntp://newsserver/* cache=no-overview"