Article delegate-en/555 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Strange NNTP Nameserver behavoir on NT
20 Aug 1999 09:42:26 GMT Holger Krull <pfmbabdyi-o7da2lqdy5xr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Hello,

> Sorry but I don't understand what "using the host system for dns
> resolution" means...

I'am refering to the RESOLV command
From the Manual.txt : サSpecify which name resolver should be used in
what orderォ
If i ommit RES_NS, delegate has to use gethostbyname from the os it is
running on. (If i understood things right).

>  |As i found a workaround this isn't a real problem, just strange.
> ..
>  |MOUNT="= nntp://wall.etl.go.jp/"
>  |RESOLV=cache,dns,sys
>  |RES_NS=129.13.170.241

> I did shutdown wall.etl.go.jp for about 20 minutes of maintenance
> around 16:00 (JST = +0900) on 18 August.  It might be relevant to
> what you saw...

No, the problem reproduced, if i take the line RES_NS=129.13.170.241
from the config file, delegate starts getting timeouts. At first i had
no RESOLV or RES_NS line in my configuration.

Ciao
   Holger