Article delegate-en/554 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Strange NNTP Nameserver behavoir on NT
20 Aug 1999 07:10:47 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

On 08/19/99(00:44) you Holger Krull <peyaqbdyi-dyd2yvd5adxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A552@delegate-en.ML_>
 |after working without problems for month, a delegate server used for
 |mounting several newsserver together, stoped working.
 |The delegate server had problems with dns resolutions.
 |The problem could be tracked down to a change in the machine that was used
 |as a namserver, it changed from a unix based machine to a NT server.
 |
 |The weird thing is, if the NT namserver is used from delegate itself
 |instead using the host system for dns resolution, everything works fine.

Sorry but I don't understand what "using the host system for dns
resolution" means...

 |As i found a workaround this isn't a real problem, just strange.
..
 |MOUNT="= nntp://wall.etl.go.jp/"
 |RESOLV=cache,dns,sys
 |RES_NS=129.13.170.241

I did shutdown wall.etl.go.jp for about 20 minutes of maintenance
around 16:00 (JST = +0900) on 18 August.  It might be relevant to
what you saw...