Article delegate-en/547 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: delegate 5.9.3 fails when running from inetd in FreeBSD 3.2
16 Aug 1999 14:36:23 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

On 08/12/99(22:58) you "Johan Lindh" <pdqbabdyi-p5lznxipfbxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A542@delegate-en.ML_>
 |>What if you specify the argument zero in absolute path like this ?
 |>ftpproxy  stream  tcp  nowait  root  /sbin/delegated /sbin/delegated SERVER=ftp://ftp.sunet.se:21/ CONNECT=direct
 |
 |Sorry, I forgot to tell you that I tried that initially. There is no difference.

Then what is recorded in the "LOGFILE" which will be located under
/var/spool/delegate/log by default ?

By the way, I don't recommend writing configuration parameters of DeleGate directly
in inetd.conf because:
 - some user write the argument zero not in absolute path to cause a problem
 - some common reserved characters of shells like '"' is not usable in inetd.conf
 - cannot inspect pre/post condition of DeleGate invocation for debugging
 - restarting inetd (by SIGHUP) is necessary to reflect the configuration change
So I think making start up shell script as "/somewhere/delegate.rc" and
call it from inetd.conf is desirable.