Article delegate-en/541 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: delegate 5.9.3 fails when running from inetd in FreeBSD 3.2
12 Aug 1999 09:48:54 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

On 08/10/99(23:56) you "Johan Lindh" <pdqbabdyi-yavwm65sfvxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A540@delegate-en.ML_>
 |ftpproxy  stream  tcp  nowait  root  /sbin/delegated delegated SERVER=ftp://ftp.sunet.se:21/ CONNECT=direct
 |
 |Now, the way I understand the manual, delegate should transparently proxy all incoming tcp connections on port 'ftpproxy' to ftp.sunet.se:21.
 |It doesn't. I can see that it starts (by running top and bombarding the server with connection requests), but it immediately quits, with no messages.
 |If I run the same thing from the command line (but with the -P parameter to tell it to listen), it works just fine.

What if you specify the argument zero in absolute path like this ?

ftpproxy  stream  tcp  nowait  root  /sbin/delegated /sbin/delegated SERVER=ftp://ftp.sunet.se:21/ CONNECT=direct