Article delegate-en/517 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Using perl scripts via Delegated
09 Jul 1999 01:43:08 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

On 07/08/99(21:18) you "Soletormos Csaba" <pdmaabdyi-p5lznxo2vbxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A516@delegate-en.ML_>
 |I've made some perl scripts which processes the delegated log files,
 |and gives me  useful summaries (traffic, users summary, site summary).
 |I'd like to place them somewhere in  Delegate's /builtin directory to use
 |with "server management". How can I do this? Will these scripts run with

Built-in pages and icons can be replaced at run time by MOUNT option
by whole or individually like:
  MOUNT="/-/builtin/* /your-customized/*"
  MOUNT="/-/builtin/path-of/xxxx.html /your-customized/path-of/xxxx.html"
See <URL:http://wall.etl.go.jp/mail-lists/delegate-en/472>
But in your case, I don't think it desireble to use this mechanism.

 |delegate, or I should use them with out normal web server (Apache)?

DeleGate can work as an origin HTTP server while working as an proxy
server.  If your program has a CGI interface, you can MOUNT it in the
ordinal way of DeleGate as an origin HTTP server.  For example,
place "welcome.html" and "soli.cgi" at "/tmp/soli" and give a parameter
MOUNT="/soli/* /tmp/soli/*" and access it as "http://delegate-host/soli/"
or "http://-.-/soli/".