Article delegate-en/514 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Problem with logging stop
08 Jul 1999 10:57:34 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

On 07/08/99(18:53) you paebabdyi-p5lznxk4gjxr.ml@ml.delegate.org wrote
in <_A513@delegate-en.ML_>
 |Current problem connected with huge log file. As indicated in manual
 |</var/spool/delegate/log  -- log files which will grow up> and <You can
 |stop logging by specifying null file name like LOGFILE="">
 |I made following actions:
 |1. added line <arg[8] LOGFILE=""> into /var/spool/delegate/etc/params/8080

Modifying files at ETCDIR/params/* does not affect the behavior of
DeleGate.  DeleGate maintains those file just to detect the change of
configuration parameters after the previous invocation.

 |/log/8080.http, and restart computer then logfiles will be small, but file
 |8080 contains same lines with <CACHE cannot create> and <TMPFILE: cannot
 |create>.

This problem was fixed in DeleGate/5.9.3 released last month.

 |So, configuration somewhere is incorrect. What I have to change and do not
 |create logfile?

You must change the configuration file somewhere on your machine,
possible at /etc/rc, /etc/inetd.conf, or so.
And I think "-vs" option may be smarter than LOGFILE="" as the way
to stop logging.

 |Sorry again for such long letter

Informative long letters is far more desirable than short letters
lacking necessary information.