Article delegate-en/5085 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: A way to see the parameters of currently running DeleGate
11 Jun 2014 00:40:32 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)
The DeleGate Project

Hi Nacho,

I released 9.9.9-pre2 that partially solved the ToDos reflecting
your request.

In message <_A5070@delegate-en.ML_> on 06/01/14(10:32:09) I wrote:
 | |I知 configuring DeleGate to work as a port forwarder on a Windows machine,
 | |but I知 having trouble installing the service for the same port but
 | |different protocols (TCP and UDP):
 | |
 | |delegated.exe -P2194 SERVER=tcprelay://192.168.1.64:2194
 | |
 | |delegated.exe -P2194 SERVER=udprelay://192.168.1.64:2194
 |It should be because your trick does not work when you really need to
 |specify the same interface and port in both services.
 |
 | *ToDo: The default name of a service should include "/udp" or "/tcp" part
 |   of the port specification, if exists.

Your configuration above is simple and natural, but it needs to
change the default service name based on which of TCP/UDP is
used by the service, that makes it difficult to coexist with
older versions of DeleGate, since it makes it impossible to
detect the collision of service by the default name.

Another possible way is refrecting the protocol name into the
service name.  But it does not work becasuse of generic utility
of DeleGate especially of udprelay.  Udprelay can be used to accept
TCP connections, by specifying the entrance port as "-Pxxx/tcp".

Thus in 9.9.9-pre2, I modified DeleGate so that it can distinguish
between two servcies by specifying tcp or udp explicitly as follows:

 delegated.exe -P2194/tcp SERVER=tcprelay://192.168.1.64:2194
 delegated.exe -P2194/udp SERVER=udprelay://192.168.1.64:2194

The service name is extended with ".tcp" or ".udp", like
"DeleGate Sevver -P2194.udp", if it is specified explicitly as above.
It should be possible in older versions, but not because of
a flaw of the implementation.

 | *ToDo: There should be a way to speify the service name explictly.

This is implemented in 9.9.9-pre2 as follows:

  SERVCONF="name:Name of Your Service"

 | |Also, once installed, how can I query which rule are any of the services
 | |applying? I mean is there a command line that giving 鳳2194 tells me that
 | |it痴 relaying TCP port to 192.168.1.64:2194?
 |
 |In my memory, there was a way to peep the parameters of DeleGate in
 |the service manager, but it seems not in the current Windows (8).
 |It might be with the registry viewer...
 |
 | *ToDo: The parameters of DeleGate should be shown in the service manager,
 |   maybe as the description or the starting parameters.

This functionality might be problematic from the viewpoint of security.
The parameters may include credentials in AUTHORIZER and MYAUTH or so.
Thus ETCDIR/params/${PORT} is encripted on Unix, but not on Windows which
is more personal in general than Unix, and has more fine grain access
control than Unix.
But it should be encrypted too on Windows in future.  Fortunately it can
be protected by access control of ETCDIR/params currently.

 |In message <_A5070@delegate-en.ML_> on 06/01/14(10:32:09) I wrote:
 | | |Also, once installed, how can I query which rule are any of the services
 || |applying? I mean is there a command line that giving -P2194 tells me that
 || |it's relaying TCP port to 192.168.1.64:2194?
 | |
 | |In my memory, there was a way to peep the parameters of DeleGate in  |the
 |service manager, but it seems not in the current Windows (8).
 | |It might be with the registry viewer...
 | |
 | | *ToDo: The parameters of DeleGate should be shown in the service manager,
 | |   maybe as the description or the starting parameters.
 |
 |I'm reminded that there is a platform independent way to see the
 |configuraiton parameters of the currently running DeleGate.
 |It is a text file at DGROOT/etc/params/${PORT} and it shows the -Pxxxx at
 |ther first line, but not includes "tcp" or "udp" information too...
 |
 | *ToDo: the params/${PORT} file should include "tcp" or "udp" information.

You can see it with the service management tool (as service name including
-Pxxx.udp) or with the registry editor.

 | *TODo: there should be a shortcut to show the current configuration
 |        without retrieving prams/${PORT}.  It could be like -Fparams of so.

I'm reminded that the parameters can be shown or edited using registory
editor (regedit). The registry where they are stored is shown as the
startup message of DeleGate when it started as a servie :)

Cheers from Japan,
  9 9   Yutaka Sato { Do the more with the less -- B. Fuller }