Article delegate-en/5063 of [1-5152] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] DeleGate/9.9.9-pre1 (STABLE) -- smoother SSLtunnel
18 May 2014 17:30:30 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)
The DeleGate Project

I uploaded DeleGate/9.9.9-pre1 STABLE that includes modifications to make
the SSLtunnel of DeleGate smoother.

Since 9.9.8 STABLE, I'm doing the development of DeleGate on a virtual
machine (running Ubuntu) on a cloud service, Windows Azure.  Using a
HTTP-proxy DeleGate on Azure as a SSLtunnel (to relay HTTPS/SSL over it)
from my local client machine, I found that it does the work so miserably,
dropping SSL connection so often.  For example, Google mail is almost
no use via it.

Seeing the LOGFILE, I found the problem is caused by the tentative thus
incomplete non-SSL blocker which is introduced in DeleGate/9.0.3 released
on July 2005.  Maybe the SSLtunnel has been no use from the time where
it is used from a client on a long distance host.  In 9.9.9-pre1, I
disabled the blocking by default, increased the default maximum SSL records
exchange, and increased the default value of the maximum exchange over
a Keep-Alive connection.

For whom using older DeleGate and is suffering from the problem, I
recommend to use the "-Dst" option to disable the non-SSL detection and
blocking, or use "REMITTABLE=+,ssltunnel" parameter to allow any
kind of full-duplex communication over it (REMITTABLE="http,https/{80,443},..."
is the default as shown in the LOGFILE).

  9 9   Yutaka Sato (CSDP,ITIL-F,OCUP-A,Security+,ISTQB-F)