Article delegate-en/506 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Authentication with Cookies?
24 Jun 1999 18:45:14 GMT David Barber <p7iaqbdyi-jfbrsz6nuvxr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Can anyone please let me know how you would (or whether you can not) use
cookies for authentication with Delegate?

I have a preexisting authentication system that gives users a cookies
valid for my domain.  I want Delegate to look at that cookie if present
and check it against a database.  If found in the database, then
Delegate should let the user access a remote site mounted by Delegate.

Is this possible and how do I do it?  Thanks in advance for your advice
and comments.

David Barber
OhioLINK