Article delegate-en/4996 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] questions implemnting delegate with APNS
06 Nov 2011 13:58:46 GMT Admin Nifgashim <pqqjqbdyi-p5lznxlk4zxr.ml@ml.delegate.org>
http://www.nifgashim.net

Hello,

I am using Delegate ver. 8.11.2 since 2005 on Windows 2003 server as a proxy from http > https (outbound) translate on protocol.
I am starting the service with the following command:
dg8_11_2.exe -P8000 SERVER=http FSV=sslway DGROOT=c:/delegate ADMIN=admin@nifgashim..

The purpose of the usage of delegate is to be able to do HTTPS connections to hosts, from a database environment/language called Cache (by InterSystems) that's support only HTTP but does not support HTPS.

I would like to implement APNS (apple push notification service) from my server using the same environment (Cache DB language)
One of the requirements from Apple APNS services is to download and install a certificate from apple on my server. (this is not a problem).
Another need to communicate with a special port, i.e. 2195 in SSL or TLS toward their server.

The following questions raise:
1. How do I implement with delegate using such a certificate with delegate ?
2. If I want to continue using simple SSL toward other servers as I do today, do I need a 2nd copy of delegate service (only for the APNS connection) or can I combine those two functionality with one service of delegate ?
3. If I upgrade the delegate to the latest version 9.9.8 what would be the command line(or lines if I need two delegate services) to run delegate to be able to do both:
   a. "regular" http--->https translation
   b. for http--->https translation using the special certificate to apple APNS servers ?

Brgrds,
Yaron Munz