Article delegate-en/4956 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Delegate LDAP proxy to active directory
10 Feb 2011 15:48:56 GMT plqjqbdyi-yavwm662nvxr.ml@ml.delegate.org

Hello,

is it possible to use Delegate as proxy to an Active Directory so that
Delegate replaces anonymous binds to search the AD with some credentials?

My problem is that some servers need to verify passwords against an AD,
but I don't want to trust them with a password, which is basically needed
to find the DN of the user. You know, the LDAP auth uses these steps:

1) connect to LDAP (TLS/SSL or not)
2) anonymous bind <<-- fails with AD <<
3) search for user, e.g.
"(&(objectClass=organizationalPerson)(samaccountname=%s))"
4) bind(DN from step 3, pwd from user)

Is there a way to use Delegate in-the-middle of STARTTLS-connections? The
AD does not offer a SSL port, but STARTTLS only.

Kind regards,

Steffen Kaiser