Article delegate-en/4940 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: HTTPS Virus Scan with Delegate
01 Dec 2010 06:12:12 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you "Gilgan Jan" <pjajqbdyi-hugik5ukcjxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |i am currently trying to install delegate with havp
 |as a HTTPS-Virus Scanner.
 |The goal is to "unpack" the SSL-Encrypted traffic,
 |scan it for viruses / malware and then reencrypt it.
 |Unfortunately it does not work for HTTPS-Connections.
 |I tried several configuration options but nothing seems to work.
 |Maybe you have a hint or an idea how to solve this?
 |Or might it be impossible?

You can use DeleGate (which is working as an explicit HTTP proxy
and SSLtunnel for clients) to do peeping/caching/filtering/...
the content of HTTPS/SSL messages as follows:

  % delegated -P8080 SERVER=http STLS=mitm

To filter the messages, you can add a local filter program
(from the standard input to the standard output) as follows
for example:

  % delegated -P8080 SERVER=http STLS=mitm FTOCL=filter

If you have a filtering system running in the lower layer (on
TCP/IP), chaining two DeleGate servers as follows will let the
filtering system peep and filter the messages between two DeleGate
which is sent without encryption.

  % delegated -P8080 SERVER=http STLS=mitm,-fsv PROXY=localhost:9999
  % delegated -P9999 SERVER=http STLS=fsv:https

In the above example, the first proxy accepts CONNECT and
HTTPS/SSL from the client and pass it to the second proxy
without encryption.
The second proxy connect to the target server and encrypt
the content between the server.
See <URL:http://www.delegate.org/mail-lists/delegate-en/3841>

  9 9   Yutaka Sato, CSDP,ITIL-F,OCUP-A <URL:http://delegate.org/y.sato/>