Article delegate-en/4906 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] HTTP proxy for Miranda without chunked encoding (Re: SIP proxy possibilities and MSN failure)
15 Sep 2010 03:04:56 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you "ZaMotH" <peyjqbdyi-p5lznxmkmzxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |My second question might be stupid, and I've searched for serval hours
 |without finding an answer.  Http and https proxy works, but I can't get my
 |MSN to work (useing Miranda).  I might have missed a configuration ...
 |>From what I can see, Miranda MSN first try to connect to msn using
 |messenger.hotmail.com:1863

 |This port is closed, so it tries afterwards to connect to
 |gateway.messenger.hotmail.com:80 (wich is working on the delegate running
 |computer) but it does not work
 |
 | Here is the log, I've tried to first allow everything ...
 |dg9_9_7.exe -P8889 SERVER=http REMITTABLE="*" ADMIN=zam@free..fr PERMIT="*:*:*"
 |DGROOT="D:\Sources\dg9_9_7\bin" -v

It seems that, at least in older versions, "Miranda" does not support
the "chunked" encoding which is mandatory for the HTTP/1.1 clients.
Here is a workaround by DeleGate to cope with such case:

  HTTPCONF=bugs:no-chunked  ## suppress chunked encoding toward clients

Or more safely suppress HTTP/1.1 features completely:

  HTTPCONF=clver:1.0        ## suppress HTTP/1.1 features with clients

And your log shows many other implications of problematic situation of
your environment which might be mitigated with following parameters.

  REMITTABLE=+,ssltunnel    ## allow non-HTTPS/SSL communication over SSLtunnel
  MAXIMA=contry:1           ## suppress the retrial of TCP connection
  TIMEOUT=con:5             ## shorten the timeout of a TCP connection trial
  TIMEOUT=dnsinv:1          ## shorten the timeout of an inverse DNS lookup

  9 9   Yutaka Sato, CSDP#005482 <y.sato@delegate.org> http://delegate.org/y.sato/