Article delegate-en/482 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Suppress Error messages
25 May 1999 02:29:57 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

On 05/22/99(12:50) you Greg Kellogg <p4eaqbdyi-mnhltavtynjr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A481@delegate-en.ML_>
 |I am using it as a point-to-point FTP proxy. [ external -> internal host
 |via delegate ]  I am permitting only a single IP address.  If I try to
 |connect from an 'unpermitted' ip I get the address of the internal host
 |in an error message.

Sorry but I can't figure out what kind of denial message including IP
address you see.  Could you show me:

 - how you are running DeleGate (a set of given parameters)
 - exact message the DeleGate generates

 |Question; is it possible to suppress the error messages to the outside
 |world?  I only want the client to see "connection refused" not the
 |internal IP I am blocking them from.

Some of banner / error messages can be customized by MOUNTing a special
URL pointing to an error message.  But I'm not sure if it's applicable
or not in your case.