Article delegate-en/4809 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: yysh issues.
17 May 2010 00:09:16 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you Corley Kinnane <pymjabdyi-dyd2yvdwo5xr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |I thought maybe I could consolidate these services into just the yysh
 |with both dns proxy and http proxy enabled, but the http proxy seems to
 |be very poor at the moment, only passing text, no images.
 |
 |Is this something I am missing in the configuration ? or does the yysh
 |still need more work ?

I found the reason.  The HTTP proxy over yysh is implemented as
multiple threads in a yysh server process.  Each proxy thread was
rejecting secondary requests over a connection in "keep-alive"
with the client.  It is usual that inline images are requested over
a connection in keep-alive.  It could be solved with extra REMITTABLE
as I wrote in the former message, but it should be permitted by default.

Also the HTTP proxy was so unstable because those threads were running
in non multithread-safe way.  It could be solved with a parameter
to force multi-thread safe mode with an option as "-d1+15".

I fixed these problems in DeleGate/9.9.8-pre2 and released it.
I hope you can use the HTTP proxy over yysh far more stable than
that in 9.9.7, without any extra options to escape problems.