Article delegate-en/4808 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: yysh issues.
13 May 2010 23:52:56 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you <pymjabdyi-dyd2yvat65xr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |> A Web browser (as a HTTP proxy client) have nothing to do with
 |> host name resolusion.  It simply pass a hostname to a proxy server
 |> and the proxy server (YYSH server in this case) does the resolution.
 |> Thus the DNS forwarding by "-yfd" will never used in this case.
 |
 |It most definitely will be used, since it is providing native DNS on
 |localhost (port 53) and OS name resolution is pointing to localhost. An
 |http proxy alone is not enough for a client to resolve names - I don't know
 |why, but I think the client or the client's OS needs to resolve routing
 |before passing the name to the proxy - seems unnecessary, but Firefox
 |definitely does this.
 |
 |Interesting what you say, since I agree it should be unnecessary to
 |resolve before passing to a proxy, but I live in China and one cannot
 |access sites like Facebook through a proxy alone because the DNS is
 |redirected overriding the proxy servers DNS.

Hmm... it might be because you are using a kind of automatic proxy
configuration (by .pac file) based on domain names or have a static
exclusion list of destination hosts in your browser configuration.