Article delegate-en/4807 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
  upper oldest olders older1 this newer1 newers latest
search
[Top/Up] [oldest] - [Older+chunk] - [Newer+chunk] - [newest + Check]
[Reference:<_A4804@delegate-en.ML_>]
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: yysh issues.
13 May 2010 08:24:24 GMT <pymjabdyi-dyd2yvb5o5xr.ml@ml.delegate.org>


On Thu, 13 May 2010 03:04:23 +0900 (JST), feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka
Sato) wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> In message <_A4803@delegate-en.ML_> on 05/12/10(18:05:07)
> you Corley Kinnane <pymjabdyi-dyd2yvb5o5xr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
>  |I thought maybe I could consolidate these services into just the yysh
>  |with both dns proxy and http proxy enabled, but the http proxy seems
to
>  |be very poor at the moment, only passing text, no images.
> 
> Maybe you got nothing via it and saw a text cached in your browser.
> 
>  |Is this something I am missing in the configuration ? or does the yysh
>  |still need more work ?
>  |
>  |server side:
>  |
>  |delegated SERVER=yysh -P7001 -ys -yz -yy
> 
> You should have seen what is wrong in the LOGFILE on the server side.
> In this case there should be "No permission" in your logfile.
> What you need is the permission for HTTP to be relayed over your
> YYSH server by adding a parameter as follows for example:
> 
>   REMITTABLE=+,http,https
> 
> (Maybe this should be the default)

Yes - I'll include that - thanks.

> You might need to specify the DNS server for this DeleGate with
> RES_NS="xx.xx.xx.xx".

Ok, yes probably need that too.

> Also you might need to specify a PROXY server for this DeleGate.
> The meaning of "-ys" "-yz" and "-yy" on the server side as in
> your example is not known.

I assumed these flags had to be present on both sides of a connection to
be correctly negotiated. So, I gather from this, they should only exist on
the client side.

> 
>  |client side:
>  |
>  |-Fyysh server:7001 -yfh:8088/127.0.0.1:8089
>  |-yfd:53/127.0.0.1:53/8.8.8.8 -yy
> 
> A Web browser (as a HTTP proxy client) have nothing to do with
> host name resolusion.  It simply pass a hostname to a proxy server
> and the proxy server (YYSH server in this case) does the resolution.
> Thus the DNS forwarding by "-yfd" will never used in this case.

It most definitely will be used, since it is providing native DNS on
localhost (port 53) and OS name resolution is pointing to localhost. An
http proxy alone is not enough for a client to resolve names - I don't know
why, but I think the client or the client's OS needs to resolve routing
before passing the name to the proxy - seems unnecessary, but Firefox
definitely does this.

Interesting what you say, since I agree it should be unnecessary to
resolve before passing to a proxy, but I live in China and one cannot
access sites like Facebook through a proxy alone because the DNS is
redirected overriding the proxy servers DNS.


> Also I don't see what "8089" above means because YYSH DeleGate
> itself will act as a HTTP proxy. Maybe it should be simply as
> "delegated -Fyysh server:7001 -yfh:8088".
> 

I only put that in because I replicated the :Map format from the working
DNS proxy configuration - I will try with just :8088 - I know the 8089 is
not used.

> Cheers,
> Yutaka

Thanks for your quick response,

Corley.



  admin search upper oldest olders older1 this newer1 newers latest
[Top/Up] [oldest] - [Older+chunk] - [Newer+chunk] - [newest + Check]
@_@V