Article delegate-en/4806 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: yysh issues.
13 May 2010 07:43:10 GMT <pymjabdyi-dyd2yvbqb5xr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

On Thu, 13 May 2010 03:34:28 +0900 (JST), feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka
Sato) wrote:
> In message <_A4803@delegate-en.ML_> on 05/12/10(18:05:07)
> you Corley Kinnane <pymjabdyi-dyd2yvbqb5xr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
>  |On my Nokia N900, I am currently using delegate for an HTTP proxy over
>  |SSL tunnel via USA. Where I am, the DNS also needs to be tunnelled as
>  |well, so I am using another delegate daemon with -Fyysh to provide a
>  |localhost native DNS proxy on the phone.
>
> If you mean a host name resolusion is not available on the YYSH
> server side, you should use the YYSH server as a SOCKS proxy rather
> than a HTTP proxy, and do the resolution at the client side with
> another DeleGate.  You can add local HTTP DeleGate that passes a
> locally resolved address to the upstream SOCKS server (YYSH local
> port for SOCKS 11080 in this case) as this:

The N900 uses its own DNS proxy by default so that when a connection is
changed and therefore all the routing, the proxy is restarted with
different routing whilst applications still access the proxy the same way
allowing transparent DNS.

I actually don't allow the inbuilt proxy to run because I need to route
DNS through another machine in Hong Kong to get correct results.

I use delegate to replace the local proxy so I can control the way all
applications route DNS requests. This is done by using the standard port 53
on localhost.

Thanks,

Corley.