Article delegate-en/4634 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Delegate 9.9.5: FTP: AUTHORIZER is not "transparent"
12 Nov 2009 00:14:05 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you "HD Sorgenia | Andrea `Zuse' Balestrero" <pkyiqbdyi-o7da2lrly5xr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |So, I read delegate manual, and I saw an "AUTHORIZER" directive.
 |I tried the following:
 |
 |  linux-dg -v -P21 SERVER=ftp MOUNT="/* ftp://192.168.0.83/*" \
 |    RELIABLE="*" ADMIN="foo@bar" \
 |    AUTHORIZER=192.168.0.83:ftp
 |
 |Now first step authentication works: delegate accepts users
 |with the right passwords, and denies access to the others.
 |Good.
 |But... FTP sessions do not work at all!!
 |Delegate authenticates users via ftp server 192.168.0.83,
 |but any further action (i.e.: a "dir" command in ftp session)
 |is refused. Ftp server 192.168.0.83 says "530 You aren't logged in".

We should be careful in forwarding authentication information, so
it is not forwarded to the server automatically.  You can do it
by adding the MYAUTH parameter as follows:

  MYAUTH="%U:%P:ftp"