Article delegate-en/4630 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Delegate 9.9.5: syslog issue, does not log delete commands
10 Nov 2009 16:10:15 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you "HD Sorgenia | Andrea `Zuse' Balestrero" <pkyiqbdyi-uwzfqir6bzxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |I'm configuring delegate v9.9.5 as reverse proxy for FTP / FTPS.
 |
 |I'm trying to send logs via syslog to our syslog server.
 |I use the following option:
 |
 |	SYSLOG=syslog://192.168.0.116
 |
 |(where 192.168.0.116 is our syslog server IP address).
 |
 |However no syslog logs are generated when a FTP user
 |deletes a file.
 |
 |I checked with "tcpdump udp and dst host 192.168.0.116", too.
 |No outgoing syslog packets when a user deletes a file.
 |
 |Can this issue be confirmed and fixed?

The remote logging by SYSLOG is just a copy of the local logging to
LOGFILE and PROTOLOG (in xfrelog) and if there is no log for an action
in LOGFILE nor in PROTOLOG, nothing is sent to SYSLOG too.

If you add the "-vd" option, you will get (too much) verbose log
including the deletion of a file (DELE command).
By default, DeleGate makes log for each data transfer in xferlog,
but no log is made for file or directory manipulation (without data
transfer) including DELE, MKD and RMD.

I think it may be useful if DeleGate makes log for file/directory
manipulation in the xferlog.  But it is not a "fix" but a new feature.