Article delegate-en/4501 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: DeleGate: question regarding the PROTOLOG parameters
03 Jul 2009 22:58:45 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you "Kopplinger, Andreas" <psqiqbdyi-7pkjwog5wjfr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |I have a question regarding the PROTOLOG parameters.
 |At the moment, the startscript contains the following:
 |
 |PROTOLOG='${LOGDIR}/Protolog_${PORT}.${PROTO}[date+.%d]'
 |
 |It would like to use some of the format parameters but im
 |confused of the usage of ' " { and so on.

The quote <'> and double quote <"> does not have meaning and unnecessary
to represent a parameter value in DeleGate.
It just necessary when you pass a parameter to DeleGate via your command
shell (as sh or csh), and when the parameter contains reserved characters
of your command shell to be escaped with quote or double quote.
For example, in the following command line:

  delegated MOUNT="/* /*" LOGFILE='${PORT}'

if without quotes, your DeleGate will receive strange list of arguments
broken or substituted (by "*", "$" or "{" ) depending on your shell and
environment variables.
If you pass these parameters directly to DeleGate, via a parameter file
as follows, you can omit these quotes, params (1) and (2) are equivalent.

  delegated +=params

    [params(1)]
    MOUNT="/* /*"
    LOGFILE='${PORT}'

    [params(2)]
    MOUNT=/* /*
    LOGFILE=${PORT}

Except for including a simple parameter list with "+=" like above,
DeleGate does not have its own configuration language and it is expected
to be complemented with the script language like command shell or so of
each user's favor, and it is supposed that each user has enough knowledge
(like quotation and substitution) on his/her own script language.

 |How to combine the string above with the :format.
 |If you can give me an example which contains a %{field} parameter,
 |this would be great.

I'm not sure what ":format" and "%{field}" means.