Article delegate-en/4423 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: File Size depended routing. Is it possible?
18 Mar 2009 01:09:51 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you Alex B <phiiqbdyi-mnhltaqdynjr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |>  |  HOSTLIST=reading-people:host1,host2,*.domain1,...
 |>
 |It's impossible: Most of people are reading but sometimes become
 |downloading...

I'm not sure what is your "reading" but it seems "browsing usual pages"
without downloding large files.  And uploading seems not problem.

 |Can I write anything like this?
 |
 |MOUNT="http://*.long-fies = MASTER=slow-link-gw:8888"
 |HOSTLIST=long-files:zip,rar,avi,mvi,mp3,mp4,...

  MOUNT="*%S.zip = MASTER=slow-link-gw:8888"
  MOUNT="*%S.avi = MASTER=slow-link-gw:8888"

 |But it's half-solution too. Only size and time serve as a criterion to choice from alternatives, i think. Is it possible to use CFI or CFI SCRIPT to do this?

As I wrote in the former message, it is not so easy to control routes
based on the size of transferred data because it is not so simple to
get the size of data before connection establishment to server without
adding overhead for every accesses.  Whereas restriction by timeout and
retrial is easy to implement but can cause problem with HTTP pages with
side-effects.  Anyway these control is difficult to be realized as an
external mechanism like CFI rather than the protocol-interpretation
for each application protocol by DeleGate.

Another solution will be choking heavy downloads after a time duration
(using the fast-link always).  DeleGate applies such restriction for
HTTP and FTP by default, and it is easy to modify it to be applied
more strongly.