Article delegate-en/4403 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: wildcard support using Delegate as DNS server
11 Mar 2009 03:33:57 GMT Guillaume de Rorthais <pe4iqbdyi-qjyh54im4txr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Yutaka Sato a écrit :
> Hi,
Hi,

> In message <_A4400@delegate-en.ML_> on 03/10/09(23:03:01)
> you Guillaume de Rorthais <pe4iqbdyi-qjyh54im4txr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
>  |> Your requirement seems very reasonable but since the DeleGate ver.9 is
>  |> in its final stage to be stable and finished, I can't dare to modify it
>  |> in the way affecting the current behavior.  So I'll add a directive to
>  |> control it in a hosts-file as a comment to be ignored by existing
>  |> versions, which might be useful for extensions in future :)
>  |> It is "#!max=N" to restrict the number of records to be found.
>  |> You can insert it in a hosts-file as this:
>  |>
>  |>    #!max=1
>  |>    a.a.a.a domain.com *.domain.com
>  |>    a.a.a.b test1.domain.com
>  |>    a.a.a.c test2.domain.com
>  |That's fine enough ! Thank you for this patch, it gonna make the trick
>  |of our needs.
>
> I uploaded DeleGate/9.9.2-pre6 including the patch.

Thank you !

> By the way, I should say the example above does not work and the wild card
> entry must be at the bottom of a hosts file as below:

Yeah, I noticed that as well as my attempt was doing pretty much the
same thing ;)

> Cheers,

Thanks again for your very good piece of code, swiss army knife proxy,
and lightning feedback !

> Yutaka
> --
>   9 9   Yutaka Sato <y.sato@delegate.org> http://delegate.org/y.sato/
>  ( ~ )  National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology

Guillaume (ioguix) de Rorthais