Article delegate-en/4399 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: How can delegate start as service in Windows XP Prof.
10 Mar 2009 13:23:58 GMT balram ghimire <peuiqbdyi-5sbstgdaaoxr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Sorry, I am bothering you. I didn't understand what you had wrote.
I clarify that what I have to do to start Delegate in my Window XP Prof. :
I had already putted delegate in C:\Program Files\DeleGate\dg9_9_1
Everytime I want to start it, I go to Run >"C:\Program Files\DeleGate\dg9_9_1\bin\dg9_9_1.exe"
And write answer as required.
After it Delegate started on foreground and usable.
I mean "automatcally start as service" to know how Delegate can start in window
automatically  on background when I start window XP.
Thank you.
Balram

--- On Mon, 3/9/09, Yutaka Sato <feedback@delegate.org> wrote:

From: Yutaka Sato <feedback@delegate.org>
Subject: Re: [DeleGate-En] How can delegate start as service in Windows XP Prof.
To: feedback@delegate.org
Cc: peuiqbdyi-5sbstgdaaoxr.ml@ml.delegate.org, feedback@delegate.org, peuiqbdyi-5sbstgdaaoxr.ml@ml.delegate.org
Date: Monday, March 9, 2009, 3:44 AM

In message <_A4389@delegate-en.ML_> on
03/09/09(18:38:53)
you balram ghimire <peuiqbdyi-5sbstgdaaoxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |I had installed Delegate 9.9.1 in windows XP Prof. It's work fine. But
everytime i have to start manually through run command. I am curious about :
 |1.Is it any way to start it automaticallya as service in windows XP.

I'm not sure how you can stop DeleGate to start automatically as a service.
It should be installed as a service automatically which will be started
automatically if you answer so when asked as below (*)

    > dg.exe SERVER=http -P8080 CACHE=do ADMIN=xxx@yyy
    DGROOT=C:/Program Files/DeleGate
    ADMIN=xxx@yyy
    Trying to start as a service [DeleGate Server -P8080] ...
(*) Set Automatic Start on System Startup ? [y] / n : y
    OK. Parameters are saved in registry:

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DeleGate-P8080\Parameters"
    OK. Environments are saved in registry:

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DeleGate-P8080\Environments"
(#) OK. The service is created successfully.
(#) OK. The service started successfully.

If the lines are not as above (#) in your console, it might show the
reason of the problem.

 |2 where to put Cache directory in Delegate folder.

Anywhere.  And it is created automatically as DGROOT/cache/ by default
if the CACHE="do" option is specified.

 |3. Is it necessary to put gzip windows executible to any folder as it is in
previous version of    Delegate.

Maybe you can solve it to put gzip.exe into one of directories in your PATH..
But you should not use gzip.exe and should use Zlib "dgzlib.dll"
bundled in
dg9_X_X.zip (as dg9.X.X/bin/dgzlib1.dll) putting it under the DGROOT/lib/,
or the directory where your dg.exe is.