Article delegate-en/4365 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: delgate 9.7.7 ftp to sftp proxy and file size
02 Feb 2009 00:27:52 GMT James <pbeiqbdyi-bfsye3zui25r.ml@ml.delegate.org>

2009/2/2 Yutaka Sato <feedback@delegate.org>:
> Hi,
>
> In message <_A4363@delegate-en.ML_> on 02/01/09(17:35:37)
> you James <pbeiqbdyi-bfsye3zui25r.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
>  |> "int" means the signed integer of 32bits with the max value 2GB-1.
>  |> The limitation will be able to be enlarged by replacing "int"
>  |> with "FileSize" as this:
>  |>
>  |>  static FileSize DATA_MAX = 16*1024*1024*1024
>  |>
>  |> or you can bypass the limitation just by setting the value to zero.
>  |>
>  |>  static int DATA_MAX = 0;
>
> I'll modify the code to enable specifying the max. size with "datamax"
> option as follows:
>
>  MOUNT="/* sftp://server/* datamax=16g"
>
> The modification will be like the enclosed patch in DeleGate/9.9.2-pre1.

That will be very useful.

>  |> But I'm not sure if the current implementation of sftp/FTP gateway,
>  |> using the sftp command as a filter process, is stable enough for
>  |> such usage.
>  |Many thanks for the assistance. My C is very rusty, I forgot about the
>  |data typing.
>  |What are the main concerns around stability ? ie what should I watch out for ?
>
> I'm not sure but it is likely that buffering into a huge temporary file
> during long time can suffer some kind of disturbation caused by limitation
> like disk space, session timeout, and so on.  Also the sftp command
> designed for human interaction via tty, at the endpoint as a client,
> can produce some kind of unknown interaction or data format which might
> be bad as a proxy server.

I will watch out for problems but so far testing indicates it is
reliable.  This is only for a small amount of source hosts
so provided /tmp is not filled by simultaneous transfers
I thnk it should be ok.

Thanks again for your help and very useful software.
You should call it "netcat for proxies" ;-)

--
jac