Article delegate-en/4363 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: delgate 9.7.7 ftp to sftp proxy and file size
01 Feb 2009 08:37:40 GMT James <pbeiqbdyi-gztgall3jkdr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

2009/1/31 Yutaka Sato <feedback@delegate.org>:
> Hi,
>
> In message <_A4361@delegate-en.ML_> on 01/30/09(13:44:34)
> you James <pbeiqbdyi-gztgall3jkdr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
>  |I modified src/sftp.c as indicated in one of the posts
>  |and changed DATA_MAX to
>  |static int DATA_MAX = 1024*1024*1024
>  |Am I able to configure DATA_MAX to be larger than 1gig ?
>
> "int" means the signed integer of 32bits with the max value 2GB-1.
> The limitation will be able to be enlarged by replacing "int"
> with "FileSize" as this:
>
>  static FileSize DATA_MAX = 16*1024*1024*1024
>
> or you can bypass the limitation just by setting the value to zero.
>
>  static int DATA_MAX = 0;
>
> But I'm not sure if the current implementation of sftp/FTP gateway,
> using the sftp command as a filter process, is stable enough for
> such usage.

Many thanks for the assistance. My C is very rusty, I forgot about the
data typing.
What are the main concerns around stability ? ie what should I watch out for ?

thanks again

--
jac