Article delegate-en/429 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: SSL proxy
16 Apr 1999 00:44:58 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

On 04/16/99(02:40) you Gary White <pvqaqbdyi-4z7oftckab5r.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A428@delegate-en.ML_>
 |Two questions.  I'm trying to proxy to an https: site inside my firewall
 |using Delegate.  Can regular Delegate do this, or is the SSL proxy module
 |required?

You can transparently relay a TCP connection by "tcprelay" DeleGate for
any protocol without interpreting what is exchanged on the connection.
In your case a tcprelay-DeleGate like folllows on your firewall host will
make the internal HTTPS server be accessible as "https://your-firewall-host".

  delegated -P443 SERVER=tcprelay://internal-https-server:443 RELIABLE="*"

 |When I try to configure that one, my copy of SSLeay doesn't have the
 |mentioned ssl.o nor crypto.o files.  What did I miss?

How to get them is written in the INSTALLation document of SSLeay,
but they are not used in recent versions of DeleGate by default.
If you need sslway, do make at DeleGate/filter/ directory specifying
SSLEAY="the directory of your SSLeay".