Article delegate-en/4232 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] HTTPS to HTTPS Rewriting
28 Nov 2008 17:32:51 GMT Geeosor <praiabdyi-p5lznxirzfxr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Hello List,

     after hours of tearing my hair out while trying to set the
following up, i have to admit that i need help.

Basically we have a site support.domain.tld which is accessible by http
and by https. Then there is the other site https://secure.domain.tld/ in
which we want to have the *content* of the support domain with all links
appearing as secure. Let me visualize this:

Apache on Host 1                  Apache on Host2
- serves https://secure...        - server httpX://support...

           ^                                 ^
           |__         Delegate            __|

So we do not only want the URL and HTTP stuff rewritten, but also the
absolute urls in the html body from httpX://support

My approach was:

Apache on Host1:
ProxyRequests On
ProxyPass /support/kb/ http://localhost:8888/kb/
ProxyPassReverse /support/kb/ http://localhost:8888/kb/

Delegate on Host1:
./delegated -fv \
-P8888 \
SERVER=http \
ADMIN=hostmaster@domain.. \
PERMIT="*:*:*" \
MOUNT="https://secure.domain.tld/* http://support.domain.tld/*"

But apparently the vURL parameter cannot match. I also tried with SSL,
but since the frontend apache serves already SSL there is no need for it
from the backend servers.

I hope i explained somehow understandable what the problem is. Any hint
is appreciated.

cheers

GeE