Article delegate-en/4221 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: how to get auth in CFI
20 Nov 2008 02:36:08 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you Serge Leschinsky <pkiiabdyi-5sbstgainwxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |Could you please advise me how to get authentication information for SMTP and
 |POP3 protocols for using it afterwards in CFI?
 |
 |Let me explain the problem: I pass the message for our internal anti-spam system
 |through CFI filter:
 |
 |#!cfi
 |MIME-Filter: /opt/analyzer.pl
 |
 |It works perfectly. The problem is that the colleagues ask for per-user
 |granularity, i.e. to create e-mails profiles for each user's login.
 |Theoretically I can write a bidirectional filter which will not only extract
 |mails but login information. To be honest, I've tried already to write this
 |script but unsuccessfully...
 |
 | So, could you please say me if it's possible to get "login" from auth
 |information and, ideally, pass it as a parameter for CFI? I mean something like
 |the following:
 |
 |#!cfi
 |MIME-Filter: /opt/analyzer.pl %U
 |
 |I'll be very grateful if you advise me how it may be implemented.

I feel your idea is nice but you can get the authentication info in
CFI or CGI program via a (maybe non-standard CGI) environment variavle:

  REMOTE_USER