Article delegate-en/4191 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: delegate sockmux question
28 Oct 2008 11:56:27 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you Andre <pzyhqbdyi-jfjnzgirqznr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |according to the CHANGES-Log, it seems that you  have removed the
 |features which enabled accepting connections via SockMUX and HTTP,VSAP,
 |probably due to the security concerns:
 |
 |* 9.8.6 081011 mod sox.c: removed code for accept() and incomming connect()
 |* 9.8.6 081011 mod {vsap,htaccept}.c: removed code for accept() at
 |remote host
 |

 |Is it completely removed or just disabled per default? I do have a

It is as I announced in the release of DeleGate/9.8.6.
<URL:http://www.delegate.org/mail-lists/delegate-en/4184>

 |If the functionality, which we discussed in our previous e-Mails, is
 |indeed removed, does this require me to use an older version to work with?

As I announced, those functionalities are still included in the binary
distribution of DeleGate but are disabled by default.
Those are enabled percistently for (commercial) licensees who made a
contract with explicit usage agreement.

Additionally in 9.9.0-pre1, I introduced "CAPSKEY", a way to add on
(or enable) some capabilities for short term for evaluation use.
<URL:http://www.delegate.org/delegate/Manual.htm#CAPSKEY>

Also in 9.9.0-pre1, I introduced "HTMUX" which is easily used to establish
a tunnel ending at a port on remote host.  It uses HTTP "Upgrade" header
with the ACCEPT method to establish the persistent connection, and uses
SockMux for multiplexing on it, and guarded with CAPSKEY.
<URL:http://www.delegate.org/delegate/Manual.htm#HTMUX>