Article delegate-en/4167 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: HTTP response size of 1969 bytes fails to be received
03 Oct 2008 06:14:24 GMT Tony Gaspar <phqhqbdyi-ii4a7x2zikdr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Hi,

Sorry about the first reply to my first message sent to the group. It did not get sent properly.

I could not reproduce the problem on a direct connection and
I am inclined to think it is a bug in delegate but only occurs over my
wireless nextg broadband connection.

This is the header and I verified it gets received by the client browser but the body does not get received.

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
DeleGate-Ver: 9.8.1 (delay=1)
Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 05:49:55 GMT

If I do something like start delegate with HTTPCONF="add-rhead:test:test" to change the length of the header, I verified the response header is changed but the problem still exists. BTW, the size of the header I originally stated is without the header lines Delegate puts in (ie, Via,Proxy-Connect,etc)

If I start delegate with HTTPCONF="bugs:no-keepalive", the problem goes away and the header line for proxy-connection is "close".

For my application, I would prefer to have connections that are kept alive for performance reasons.

Does anyone have any ideas? I looked at release notes after v9.8.1 and saw some fixes around keep-alive so I may try upgrading my version here.

This is my request:

GET /iwtest/Advantage/scripts/RadioCtrlFuncs..js HTTP/1.1
Accept: */*
Referer: http://(left out on purpose)
Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive
Host: office.insfin.com.au:2028
Cookie: HttpCookie1=ServerTag%3D1903652345%2Csesskey%3D%7BA4BEAA98%2D197C%2D4B16%2D9307%2DCEE7E0571E3D%7D%2Cuser%3DO%2Cschn%3DOHSAdmin%2CMaxExecTime%3D3

That request is the only one that fails out of ~10 requests associated with the page I am viewing. If I put the same javascript file include on another page and in a different order, it's still the only request that fails out of the 10 odd requests belonging to the html page.

I hope someone could help, I probably won't look at the delegate source code to find any areas surrounding buffering or connections. Still its a problem I could only get when using wireless nextg broadband.

Kind regards,

Tony Gaspar