Article delegate-en/4151 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: SESSION Control Protocol (SCP)
25 Sep 2008 12:11:20 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you "Andre E." <pzyhqbdyi-y44okletqljr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |Hi again...I'm sorry, it's Session Control Protocol, not Stream Control Protocol.
 |
 |Will future versions of delegate by any chance contain an implementation
 |of the SESSION Control Protocol?
 |
 |    * http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-evans-v2-scp-00
 |    * http://www.ibiblio.org/ses/scp.html

Why you need it?
I thought a common session control layer as in the OSI reference model
should have been introduced when HTTP upgraded from 1.0 to 1.1 in which
"Keep-Alive" became the default.  If introduced, I think it might have
made things simple and clear including parallel and/or pipelined sessions
on a single TCP connection, not only for HTTP but for arbitrary protocols,
reducing the latency between peers with long RTT.
I remember that someone suggested such a simple and generic session control
for HTTP/1.1 but it is not supported, but "chunked" and "content-length"
based message delimiter just for a single session is adopted.
But anyway I needed some kind of multiplexing on a TCP connection,
I made several experimental protocols including Teleport/Vehicle, ThruWay,
and SockMux.  I'm using the last one yet to connect between DeleGates as
<URL:http://www.delegate.org/sockmux/>