Article delegate-en/4133 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: performance measurements and socks question
14 Sep 2008 12:36:08 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you "Andre E." <pzyhqbdyi-5vjbuj5c2ptr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |> You can omit PORT commands to reserve ports to be used.  But reserving
 |> a port is desirable to keep the LISTEN queue alive persistently not to
 |> drop the connection requests for it when there is no SOCKS-client to
 |> bind/accept from the port.
 |Hi.
 |
 |I played around with the VSAP protocol as well as with the HTTP ACCEPT
 |method
 |and it works a long as I'm only dealing with one client. This is
 |probably due to the fact
 |that once a client connects to the opened port, this port becomes bound
 |by this client
 |so no other client can connect to this port.

To enable multiple-parallel clients to do bind on the same port,
you need to do either A) reserving the port with the PORT parameter
to be shared in child DeleGate processes, or B) running DeleGate in
a single process mode with option "-d+7" or so to share dynamically
bound ports among client threads in the process.