Article delegate-en/4112 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: FW: [DeleGate-En] Windows Integrated Authentication
05 Sep 2008 10:21:08 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)
The DeleGate Project

Hi Willy,

On 09/05/08(18:51) I wrote in <_A4110@delegate-en.ML_>
 |With which browser and what URL are you accessing the DeleGate?
 |If you are accessing the DeleGate with "non-local hostname" with MSIE,
 |NTLM is not enabled by default.

I'm reminded that this is the reason why I did not document well about
NTHT.  NTHT is only available with MSIE with a URL of restricted form of
host-name or with a special configuration of MSIE.
Thus I implemented an authenticaiton gateway between Basic-auth.-client
and NTLM-auth.-server which can be used as this.

  client -> [Basic authentication] -> DeleGate -> [NTLM] -> IIS

                                      LogonUser

This is recorded in the CHANGES file as this:
>9.8.2 080630 new {access,winsspi}.c: AUTHORIZER=-login using LogonUser on Win32
>9.8.2 080628 new {http,winsspi}.c: Basic auth. client to NTHT server gateway
>9.8.2 080628 new {http,winsspi}.c: added AUTHORIZER=-ntht to be NTHT server
>9.8.2 080625 new {env,http}.c: added -Enh to enable NTHT proxy (NTLM over HTTP)

This gateway feature is enabled with the following parameters, but I'm
not sure if it works for any users on Windows in general.

  AUTHORIZER=-login
  HTTPCONF=bugs:do-authconv