Article delegate-en/4069 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: How to verify a server's certificate?
16 Aug 2008 17:29:19 GMT Monika Schilling <p3ehqbdyi-omp2wgybcalr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Yakuta,

On Saturday August 16 2008 14:48, Yutaka Sato wrote:
> But anyway, I'm sure that the simple code of my sslway.c to set the default
> certificate store works equivalently in either case.
> I tested it with OpenSSL0.9.8h with a patch as enclosed for the certificate
> store (by_dir.c and by_file.c).
> The resulst shows that OpenSSL retrieves the default certificate directory
> regardless of how a user specify a non-default certificate file.

I take this serious. So I entered turn 3 and unified the batch files of my
test cases. Nothing (DGROOT, version of DG, ...) is hard coded anymore. These
variables are now taken from a single configuration file, which is sourced.

And the result is: I can no more reproduce my reported result. In other words,
DG 9.8.3 shows a certificate verification success with the farther retrieval
of a certificate in the default location (/etc/ssl/certs).

Unfortunately for at least one I week I will not have the time to track the
cause of the change. Provided I eventually get insight, which is relevant for
you as well, I will report again.

Cheers, Monika